In the Bretz group, we conduct research on the teaching and learning of chemistry. We are particularly interested in designing assessments to measure what students know and are able to do. Specifically, we
- investigate how students construct & interpret multiple chemistry representations
- symbolic (chemistry as a “foreign language”)
(molecules, ions & atoms)
- develop tools to measure meaningful learning
- cognitive (thinking about chemistry)
- affective (feelings about chemistry)
- psychomotor (doing of chemistry)
Interested in joining our group?
- Miami undergraduates should stop by 369 Hughes.
- Prospective graduate students should visit the Miami CER page.