We conduct research on the teaching, learning, and assessment of chemistry from studies with young children to high school students to undergraduates to college chemistry faculty. Specifically, we
- develop tools to assess
meaningful learning of chemistry
- cognitive (thinking)
- affective (feeling)
- psychomotor (doing)
- investigate how students interpret multiple chemistry representations
- macroscopic (human senses)
- particulate (molecules, ions, atoms)
- symbolic (chemistry as a “foreign language”)
Interested in joining our group?
- Miami undergraduates should stop by 369 Hughes.
- Prospective graduate students should visit the Miami CER page.
- Prospective post-docs should email Dr. Bretz
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foudnation under Grant Number 0733642. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.