65. Bretz, S.L.; McClary, L.M. "Students' Understandings of Acid Strength:
How Meaningful is Reliability when Measuring Alternative Conceptions?"
Journal of Chemical Education, 2014, accepted
64. Galloway, K.R.; Bretz, S.L.; Novak, M. "Paper Chromatography and UV-Vis
Spectroscopy to Characterize Anthocyanins and Investigate Anti-oxidant
Properties in the Organic Teaching Laboratory," Journal of Chemical
Education, 2014, accepted
63. Brandriet, A.R.; Bretz, S.L. “Measuring Meta-Ignorance through the Lens of
Confidence: Examining Students’ Redox Misconceptions about Oxidation
Numbers, Charge, and Electron Transfer,” Chemistry Education Research and
Practice, 2014, Advance Article, DOI: 10.1039/C4RP00129J
62. Brandriet, A.R.; Bretz, S.L. "The Development of the Redox Concept
Inventory as a Measure of Students' Symbolic and Particulate Redox
Understandings and Confidence," Journal of Chemical Education, 2014, 91(8),
1132-1144; DOI: 10.1021/ed500051n
61. Bretz, S.L. (2014). "Designing Assessment Tools to Measure Students'
Conceptual Knowledge of Chemistry," in Tools of Chemistry Education
Research, D. Bunce and R. Cole (Eds.), American Chemical Society:
Washington, D.C., 155-168
60. Bretz, S.L. (2014). "Equilibrium and Stress: Balancing One Marriage, a "Two-Body"
Problem, and Three Children." In Mom the Chemistry Professor: Personal
Accounts and Advice from Chemistry Professors who are Mothers, (Cole,
Marzabadi, Webster, and Woznack, Eds.). Springer Press, 2014, 3-19.
59. Luxford, C.J.; Bretz, S.L. "Development of the Bonding Representations
Inventory to Identify Student MIsconceptions about Covalent and Ionic
Bonding Representations," Journal of Chemical Education, 2014, 91(3),
312- 320; DOI: 10.1021/ed400700q
(selected for ACS Editor's Choice - 1st JCE paper to earn this distinction!)
58. Linenberger, K.J.; Bretz, S.L. "Biochemistry Students' Ideas about Shape and
Charge in Enzyme-Substrate Interactions," Biochemistry and Molecular
Biology Education, 2014, 42(3), 203-212; DOI: 10.1002/bmb.20776